Some women have breasts that are too large and heavy, causing pain in their back and shoulders due to the weight that needs to be supported. Liposuction can be used to reduce the breasts and alleviate suffering. It is a minimally invasive procedure that leaves no scars or marks afterward because the insertion points are so small. Many women have been helped to a better life through this procedure.
Here is what will happen when you go in for breast reduction liposuction.
- The breasts will be measured by volume using a beaker.
- Lines will be drawn on the breast – usually in indelible ink so they don’t wear off before they can be of use. These lines will help the surgeon know where the fat should be removed from.
- A tiny needle is used to administer anaesthetic at the points where the cannula will be inserted, so you won’t feel much after that. The incisions are called adits.
- A biopsy punch is used to create the adits. These incursion points are no more than 1mm in length.
- Micro cannulas will be inserted into these points and a solution of anaesthetic and other fluids will be used in the breasts to aid in fat removal. This is the main part of the liposuction treatment.
- The fat and solution is then sucked out using the tiny cannulas that are only a tiny bit larger than the adits, which stretch to allow entry. After stretching during lose, they retract again.
- Once the suction is finished, pads are placed on the breasts to absorb any fluid that drains out.
- A compression garment is worn to keep the pads in place.
- You will be shown how to replace the gauze pads and care for your breasts afterwards.
- Healthcare professionals will help you take a shower and tell you what to do from that point on.
It is wise to follow all the directions carefully to get the best result. Wear the compression garment for as long as you were told to as this will ensure your breasts have a nice shape afterwards. And take care not to do anything too energetic until everything is properly healed. That way you’ll get the best result for all you have gone through.
While the procedure itself is quite simple, anything involving cuts and anaesthetic should be treated seriously, so don’t go out playing tennis until the doctor says you can. Liposuction for breast reduction is a great option for those who are tired of having to carry the weight of larger breasts around day and night. You’ll be able to fit into a much smaller size top or dress without having to choose a size that is too big for you everywhere else, just to fit your bust.