Everyone who hosts a party wants it to sparkle so that the guests have a great time and want to come back the next time they are invited. You can ensure your guests have great fun by adding a photo booth so they can all have fun taking pictures of themselves and their friends. There are other ways you might consider to make sure your party goes off with a bang. Here are some of them.
- Offer everyone sparkly party hats made especially for the occasion. No one is allowed to get out of wearing one. Don’t let on that one hat has a lucky number and the person wearing it will win a prize during the night.
- Get dress up glasses for the photobooth props and add some glitter to them. Or offer the glasses to any guest who wants to wear them.
- Offer glittery masks or face-painting with glitter at the party.
- If you have balloons at your party, brush the bottoms with glue and sprinkle with confetti or glitter.
- Sprinkle edible glitter along the tables and the drinks bar.
- Ask everyone to wear something glittery to the party. Offer ideas such as gluing glitter to the soles of their high heels – the part that doesn’t touch the floor. Gluing glitter to a clutch purse, belt, brooch, gloves or their clothing.
- Decorate small cakes with glittery icing balls. Even sugar crystals glitter in the light.
- Have glittery party decorations around your venue. Fairy lights can be hung outside to start off that glittery theme.
- Light up sparklers during the night or give one to each guest as they leave.
- Dip the outside of mugs in glitter when they have condensation on them. Or glue it on before the party. It looks great on clear glass or plastic.
- The base and stem of wine glasses also looks fabulous covered with glitter.
- Cover tables with glittery fabric for the tablecloths
- Use edible glitter for rimming glasses, plates and cutlery. Let your guests know it’s edible.
Having a party is all about having fun, but it’s also important to make your guests feel special by interacting with each one throughout the night. When you make sure they have everything they need and are having fun, your party will develop a warm sparkle that has nothing to do with the decorations.
There are many ways to make your guests feel like they are part of the proceedings, from asking for song requests to getting them playing games together. When dancing, be sure to include some of the dances where guests make a long snake, holding onto each other right around the room. This is a good icebreaker.